Purchase New/Renewal: As of May 26th, purchase of new passes or renewals can be taken care of at Lifeguard Headquarters (103 Pacific Coast Hwy) Monday through Friday, 1-4 p.m. These hours will most likely change as we progress further into our City opening stages.
Renewal/Credit due to loss of use during COVID-19
As a result of beach parking lots and metered parking closures due to COVID-19, parking pass holders experienced a loss of parking opportunity. The information below is applicable to anyone who has a beach parking pass that was scheduled to expire March 2020 through March 31st, 2021.
- These patrons who decide to renew their annual pass will receive two additional months when they renew their expired pass. They will pay the normal rate for the pass renewal. Example, if your pass expires in June 2020, we will renew it for 14 months at the normal annual pass rate, and it will be stamped so that it is valid through August of 2021.
- All renewals for passes that expired between March 1st 2020 and May 31st 2020 must be renewed prior to July 1st 2020 to receive the 14 month renewal pass. Passes that expire after June 1, 2020 must be purchased within 30 days of expiration in order to receive the 14 month pass.
- If a pass holder does not want to renew their pass, we will give a prorated refund for the number of days that the parking lots were closed which is 52 days – anyone interested in a refund can call Community Services at 714-536-5486 for more information
Persons who have or want to obtain a Free Beach parking passes due to purchase of a vehicle at an HB dealership
- For those who were issued a free parking pass due to the purchase of a vehicle at an HB dealership, refunds will not be issued for the two month closure. These pass holders may contact the Community Services Department for a special two-month pass if they decide not to pay to renew for another annual pass.
- For anyone who received a parking pass voucher due to purchasing/leasing of a vehicle at an HB Dealership any time between February 15 2020 and May 26, 2020; the free parking pass voucher will be honored for redemption through the month of July 2020, and the pass issued will be valid for 12 months from the month it is redeemed.
For anyone who has more detailed questions, please call Community Services at 714-536-5486