Beginning Friday, April 10th, portions of East Central Park will be closed to the public to prevent large gatherings over the Easter Weekend and to reinforce social distancing measures. These preventative measures will help slow the transmission of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community. All closed areas of East Central Park will reopen on Monday, April 13th in the afternoon.
The following areas will be closed:
- Grass area behind the library
- Huntington Beach Sports Complex parking lot
- Huntington Beach Central Library parking lot
- Senior Center parking lot
- Parking lot located on Slater Avenue between Gothard Street and Goldenwest Street
- Parking lot on Gothard Street between Talbert Avenue and Slater Avenue
- Inlet Drive will be closed on Saturday night. Kathy May’s restaurant will remain open on Saturday for takeout food
- The Secret Garden will be closed on Sunday morning
The Huntington Beach Police Department will patrol these areas during the Easter weekend to enforce the closures, and all closed areas will be taped off to discourage gatherings. We ask the public to support these measures by avoiding the closed areas and diligently practicing social distancing. By doing this, our One HB community can help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information about City updates and services during the pandemic, please call our HB Ready Call Center at (714) 536-5511 or visit our COVID-19 website at www.HBready.com. In addition, a comprehensive list of resources for residents, businesses, volunteers, and other groups adversely impacted by COVID-19 is now available at hbready.com/resource-sheet